Seasoned and Practical Employment Law Services
Peter G. Goodman
Peter G. Goodman has over thirty years of accomplished legal practice and focuses primarily on employment litigation and dispute resolution. Peter handles a variety of litigation involving federal, state and local employment laws, including claims of discrimination and retaliation, and wage and hour claims. Peter also litigates and advises clients regarding employment agreements, noncompetition, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements, severance agreements, and claims concerning unpaid bonuses, commissions and severance. He handles claims in state and federal courts, defends charges before administrative agencies and commissions, and engages in alternative dispute resolution such as arbitration and mediation.
In addition to employment matters, Peter has extensive experience litigating commercial disputes involving claims for breach of contract and other business matters.
The following cases are representative of the types of disputes he has handled:
• Defended claims alleging unlawful employment discrimination and retaliation on the basis of race, age, sex, religion and pregnancy
• Defended claims alleging failure to pay wages and overtime as required by federal and state wage and hour laws
• Handled claims for failure to pay severance, commissions, and other benefits pursuant to employment and severance agreements
• Handled claims for alleged breach of noncompetition and non-solicitation agreements
• Represented companies in audits and unemployment hearings involving classification of workers as independent contractors or employees
• Prosecuted and defended claims to recover under promissory notes
• Prosecuted claim for insurance brokerage commissions under a co-brokerage agreement
Peter is a member of the New York City Bar Association where he served as the Chair of the Committee on State Courts of Superior Jurisdiction, and also served on the Labor and Employment Committee.
- Temple University School of Law, J.D.
- Binghamton University, B.A.
- Employment Law
- Business Litigation
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts