Representing New York Employers With Experienced and Practical Advice
Employers in today’s marketplace face significant challenges. In addition to the numerous, ever-changing and complex laws and compliance issues, employers have to deal with employee relations and disputes. Any company employing even a few individuals should operate with legal assistance. Legal counsel for compliance and negotiations, as well as efficient dispute resolution, can save a business from derailing due to unexpected legal risks.
At the Law Office of Peter G. Goodman, PLLC, our attorneys provide legal help for all types of businesses and employers in New York. Our lawyers understand the significant compliance challenges presented by the immense body of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations. Properly navigating these laws certainly can help prevent claims. However, despite careful planning and a well-executed strategy, litigation cannot always be avoided. When disputes arise, our firm is well-equipped to provide vigorous representation to clients in any forum, whether federal or state court, arbitration, mediation or administrative agencies and commissions. Collectively, we have been providing legal services to New York clients for more than 80 years.
Comprehensive Representation For Employers
We represent New York businesses in employment law issues that include:
- Counseling on compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations such as Title VII, ADEA, ADA, New York State and New York City Human Rights Laws, and the New York Labor Law
- Drafting employee handbooks and other policy statements and manuals
- Negotiating and drafting employment and severance agreements, including restrictive covenants such as noncompetition and non-solicitation provisions
- Prosecuting and defending claims involving enforcement of restrictive covenants, confidential information or trade secrets
- Defending employment practices claims against employers before federal and state courts, and administrative agencies such as the Department of Labor, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the New York State Division of Human Rights, and the New York City Human Rights Commission
With decades of experience practicing in employment law matters, our legal team is able to provide effective, efficient representation. We understand how to protect the bottom line for the businesses we represent. Whether we’re negotiating a settlement or defending a lawsuit, we always focus on obtaining the best result as efficiently as possible.